Tuesday, January 12, 2010

When it comes to fitness, it's about choices

I just wanted to share with all of you that over the past weeks I have been taking on the challenge of fitness. My amazing daughter Andrea has started a blog called fitmomblog.blogspot.com that inspires me. I have struggled with weight issues for most of my adult life. I always thought I had to give up all good foods, eat salad, work out till I was ready to drop and sacrifice. With the help of my trainer Sam Mann from Precision Fitness, I have learned that it is more about choices and that 95% of it is what I eat. I have learned that it is more about what I choose, than what I cut out. For example Veganaise rather than mayonnaise etc etc. I am heading into 2010 in a position to win. I feel so much stronger and more confident. I have already lost 15 lbs and more importantly, I feel strong and in control. I have learned that I actually enjoy food more now that I am eating the right stuff and at the right time. I used to over eat and then hate food, if that makes sense. Now I am cooking and regaining control. The secret for me as Sam has taught me, is in eating a meal containing protein within one hour after I rise and then consecutive small meals all day long. No carbs at night. Sam says Sumo wrestlers load up on carbs at night to get bigger, and I do NOT want to look like a sumo wrestler. I printed out a picture of a sumo wrestler and put it in my kitchen as a reminder. Along side it, I have a picture of me when I was not overweight so I can keep showing my mind the goal. Well those are my thoughts today. If you or anyone you love is struggling with weight, I recommend fitmomblog.blogspot.com and check back here. I will be sharing ideas and techniques that I assure you, if they work for me, they will work for anyone. OK off to bed now, Sam says rushing around and not resting contributes to weight gain. Nite all....

2 comments:

  1. I have recently lost my focus on nutrition & excercise while restructuring my home life, kids & activities. It's funny how we make sure our kids are eating well & getting what they need but passing ourselves up along the way. You have reminded me how easy it is to take it one step at a time, just a few small changes here and there make a huge difference. Thanks Janine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine,
    Congrad's on your weightloss, that is amazing in such short time!! Can't wait to see the NEW you in Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete